Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Battle For Azeroth Expansion, New stuff with the expansion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Bantaro
Posted: Nov 3 2017, 10:05 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Moderators
Member No.: 174

Apparently PvP will be optional on PvP servers in ALL zones.

Old zones will have 60 or so levels for for dynamic levelling (as opposed to right now, where you level for 20 minutes in a zone and then half your quests turn gray).

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Sahn'jin
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 08:25 AM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Some interesting concepts being introduced, but Iím not sure Iím a fan of the direction theyíre going overall. Not enough detail to judge.

At least we get to go to Zandalar.

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Manashnee
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 03:35 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 384

I put together a write up for us, so here is my summary.

This expansion we discover more new islands. The Horde gets our own island with three zones: Zuldazar (Zandalari capitol), Nazmir (swamp and Loa, maybe turtle people with turtle people babies), Vol'Dun (desert, fox and snake people). I suspect there will be cute turtle people, Hakkar, and nerubians. We level up on our island and at max level we unlock new zones and a war campaign quest line and can unlock new playable races. I urge everyone to level a Zandalari. We also get Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne Elves.

Legendary weapons are going to be replaced with a necklace that we level up with Azerite. The necklaces boost the stats of our other gear pieces.

New 3 player scenarios with varied and dynamic objectives where we race against AI or Alliance.

Warfronts: 20player vs AI Warcraft 4 game, Warcraft Moba.

10 new dungeons, some of them only available to Horde while leveling but they all unlock at max level and there will be mythics. The first Horde dungeon is a Troll Tomb Atal'Dazar.
The first raid sounds like it will also be heavily Troll, future raids will have Titan stuff.

new arenas and Battle Grounds with dynamic control points.

Now for the most important stuff, the world and RP.

All zones are going to have scaling but with caps, so the Barrens will level with you but it will stop at lvl 20, dungeons and rewards will also scale. My concern is that the zones will be phased, making RP impossible.
Outland is now optional because Northrend and Outland are going to be more flexable scaling as well. That's nice.

There will no longer be PvP realms.
/rant
This makes me mad, and might turn out to be my last straw. Their excuses are so stupid. They said it's because the pvp rule sets hadn't been changed or updated since 2005 and they wanted to make more parts of the game available to non-pvpers, and that this is an easy out for people WHO ROLLED ON THE WRONG SERVER, that people were realm hopping to have a PvP advantage, that this was going to "Make PvP Great Again" and don't even get me started on that phrase that brings up racism and hurt. I'm guessing that how you're flagged will determine who you get to share a zone with, like how Bant and Masa realm hop but without the player's consent. Just because I want to be vulnerable to attack doesn't mean I want to play exclusively with gankers. Listening to them say this doesn't change the pvp experience I realized how much it does change the experience especially to RP-PvP experience and last night I was finally able to put my feelings about PvP into words.

I hate pvp, a lot. It effects my happiness, how I play, and even when play. But on a pvp realm it's a shared experience. It's a "we're in this together, I've been there before and know how you feel" that we all have in common that can even transcend faction. We've all had to tough it out, had our awesome moments and have terrible memories. And on Emerald Dream we've had it the hardest, we've come away from beatings that other realms can't even imagine. On a daily basis. This experience is what motivates us to come to the rescue, to help others, to care about the bullies, to have mercy and forgive others. It's the foundation of how we become real heroes, not just pretend ones. It was a reason to be strong, for your friends and for yourself. Learning to stand up for myself against unbeatable odds is a big deal to me. I get it that it's just a game and it's not supposed to be life changing, but it was. All those times when we brought our love to bare against the tides of NMM, that was real. We knew how strong we were because we are more than just a game, and if we are real, that makes all those other players real to. That's important. I guess the creators didn't know about that experience, I wish it wasn't such an uncommon one, because despite what they say, we are losing something.
/end rant

But it gets even dumber
The theme of this expansion is war, some how this is supposed to feel like an all out war with out the one thing that made the game feel like a world of war (world pvp). Some how With both factions segregated to their continents for no reason and the Horde burning down Tendrasil for no reason and the Alliance razing Undercity (they have reasons, but still, why would they want that? That place is gross) It's supposed to feel like Azeroth is at war. With out ever coming in contact or seeing each other at all from level 1-120, despite flagging yourself PvP, this is supposed to feel like a war. And when you finally get to max level? Who knows?! Maybe at the end there will be PvP zones and that's why they felt they needed to give all players a turn off PvP option.
/rant
So after 13 years since the END of the war between the Horde and Alliance, we are to believe that no one learned anything? In order for World of Warcraft to feel like a world of warcraft, every expansion they have to give us something to fear, to fight. Have you ever thought about what this looks like to our characters? We have been deployed to war (over seas, planets, dimensions) for the past 13 years, non-stop. This expansion they are trying to stock our faction loyalty, with fear, because our great threat this time is the Alliance. And that's bullshit, there is no reason for a war to break out. We have nothing to be afraid of, so they have to make shit up. So far it's not enough for me. Maybe I'm broken down from real life but I'm just not into this nationalism thing right now.
/end rant

The Tribe
The silver lining is that we are still together.
The factions are going to be at war and segregated to their continents. Where does that leave us? Well, first thing that came to mind is that our home in Stranglethorn might be Alliance controlled. If we can get over there we could have some fun with that. Barn Warband anyone?
We are also getting Zandalari to populate our ranks.
We'll be diving into ancient Troll history and who knows what cool new RP things we'll find to work with.
Vol'jin might be a Loa. We could have a new religious awakening, maybe have a patron spirit. We all love Vol'jin.

This post has been edited by Manashnee on Nov 4 2017, 03:50 PM

Manashnee
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 03:40 PM

Advanced Member

I forgot to mention one change I liked, they are adding social groups. These will be groups formed in game like guilds but you can be in multiple of them, this will be a nice way to form and maintain guild alliances, raid groups, PvP groups, or for people to be part of social groups outside their guilds.

I imagine there will be an RP group for all the Horde RPers.

Sahn'jin
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 06:42 PM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

With the social groups, the secondary guilds some of us have alts in can all be joined together for a group chat and be less lonely. I know that use to be a thing.

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Manashnee
Posted: Nov 7 2017, 12:49 PM

Advanced Member

We are all going to level Zandalari together!

Zigra
Posted: Nov 17 2017, 11:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 642

I'm in for Zandalar leveling. I guess they still need to tell us what classes we can play, but I'll gladly pick up one that nobody else wants to play.

Zigra,
4 more alts to go before all 12 hit 110.

This post has been edited by Zigra on Nov 17 2017, 11:37 AM

--------------------
The ever expanding hive mind of Zigra, Oxo, Qil, Vil, Nooq, Huttu, Ezzo, Zhunk, Gymbo, Tinhorn, and Ubodu.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
6 replies since Nov 3 2017, 10:05 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Voodoo Lounge