Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Star Wars: The Old Republic is free now
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Bantaro
Posted: Mar 13 2014, 07:10 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Moderators
Member No.: 174

Player housing should be out in the June update.

Also, Wildstar is releasing in June.

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Abotu
Posted: Mar 14 2014, 01:49 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 9631

I really don't see the point in player housing when we already get personal spaceships. It would be nice to get some customization options for those instead. Oh well, some people seem into it.

I'm taking a nice long break from SWTOR. I felt a little burned out after I beat all the class stories and got all the classes to 55. Most of my guildies have been too busy to play anyway; we mostly just chat on our website, kinda like I do here.

Abotu
Posted: Aug 15 2014, 05:20 PM

Advanced Member

I take back what I said about player housing because it turns out it's going to be totally amazing, particularly for RP.

My biker gang guild has always RP'd that we run a semi-legitimate swoop garage, and it turns out that with a "guild stronghold" we will be able to create said garage as a named in-game location, decorate it as we see fit (obviously there will be many, many speeder bikes), and then flag it so both factions can visit. We can essentially build our own cross-faction RP hub to suit our tastes. We're also talking about turning one of our personal bases into a "secret hideout" for smaller-scale RP.

The level of customization in these things is incredible. Each "house" is huge (between "office building" and "small town" in size) and has thousands of "decoration hooks" on the floors, walls and ceilings that can be arranged in different patterns and then filled with furniture, lights, trophies, banners, NPC's, spaceships, utility items like banks/mailboxes, and on and on. These things can be earned through every available type of gameplay.

Also in this expansion are massive guild capital ships, which can serve as both a guild base and group transport between planets. You can command a freakin' star destroyer! If your ship is orbiting a specific planet, every guild member on the ground gets a significant buff. There's also an elaborate planetary conquest system with world PvP elements. Also, the insides of the ships are wall-to-wall decoration hooks, so you can pimp it out like crazy. Not surprisingly, buying a capital ship is outrageously expensive.

What's interesting is that most of the big guilds on our server, RP and otherwise, plan to throw all of their resources into capital ships and the conquest system. My guild is one of only a few that will focus on building an RP hub on the ground, so it might become a popular hangout.

Early access for subscribers starts in less than a week. I'm as pumped for this expansion as I was for the actual game.

Manashnee
Posted: Aug 15 2014, 11:46 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 384

All of that sounds really awesome, everything an RP MMO game should have!

Bantaro
Posted: Aug 19 2014, 11:23 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 174

I have actually been playing SWTOR a lot lately.

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Abotu
Posted: Aug 20 2014, 05:23 PM

Advanced Member

Me too!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
20 replies since Nov 17 2012, 05:32 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 
<< Back to Bone Pile