Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Anybody else doing the Elder Scrolls Online beta?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Abotu
Posted: Feb 26 2014, 03:21 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 9631

I'll probably get a little mini-guild going this weekend with some of my SWTOR friends. If any of you want in on that, post here.

I played in the last weekend stress test thingy and the game was okay. Not great, not terrible. Has potential. Might be good for RP. I will probably buy it and play for the first month and then wait to see if there's a free option later.

Sahn'jin
Posted: Feb 27 2014, 07:29 AM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I found enough time a few weekends back to play. It was fun, but I kinda felt it was more of the same. Nothing revolutionary. I think I would have had more fun if they didn't kick everyone out and I could continue, I was on the verge of getting momentum with the character and they shot themselves in the foot by stopping me.

I do happen to have a second key to give to a friend, so if anyone else was interested in trying it out, ask me and I'll send it to you.

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Bantaro
Posted: Feb 27 2014, 11:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Moderators
Member No.: 174

I've preordered this so Masa and I will be playing this game. We'll be playing on the side of the Aldmeri Dominion because Khajit. I'll be playing a Dragonknight because Dragonborne.

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Abotu
Posted: Feb 28 2014, 03:20 PM

Advanced Member

Well, if any of you get on this weekend, my character from last time is named "Mallati" and is in Daggerfall Covenant. I'll post here if I make any other ones.

Abotu
Posted: Feb 28 2014, 05:22 PM

Advanced Member

New character: Argonian named Runs-With-Sticks.

I saw another one in the noob zone named "Fights-Like-Girl" and I thought, this guy gets it.

Sahn'jin
Posted: Feb 28 2014, 08:25 PM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I'm Argonian, too. Although I didn't know Argonian naming convention, so I'm bad. sad.gif

Dasha-Neg Sootesh (female Nightblade)

I still have a key to give away! Any takers?

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Abotu
Posted: Mar 1 2014, 01:10 AM

Advanced Member

Argonian names are great. There's a silly "erotic" book which apparently has popped up in several Elder Scrolls games (I have only played Skyrim, but I found a copy) called "The Lusty Argonian Maid," in which the titular character is named "Lifts-Her-Tail."

Anyway, it's beta, so at least you're not stuck with the name for long. In the mean time you could just say your Argonian's name is untranslated. And it means "Lifts-her-Tail," obviously.

Bantaro
Posted: Mar 3 2014, 12:54 PM

Advanced Member

In the Skyrim expansion Dragonborne, you go and hang with the Dark Elves a bit. One of your quests is to retrieve a First Folio Signed edition of The Lusty Argonian Maid. Because the Dark Elves had it commissioned supposedly.

--------------------
user posted image
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?

Abotu
Posted: Mar 4 2014, 04:25 AM

Advanced Member

Oh yeah, I did that quest. I found the book earlier in some other context though. It was pretty funny.

Abotu
Posted: Mar 14 2014, 01:53 AM

Advanced Member

I'll probably play this a lot this weekend. We made a little guild called "horse thieves" and I can invite anybody who wants in.

Abotu
Posted: Mar 19 2014, 01:46 AM

Advanced Member

Ultimately I decided I'm not going to play this at launch. Maybe if it goes f2p or they make some significant changes. I wondered how they were going to take Elder Scrolls games, which are so definitively single-player, and add other people without messing it up. Well, the answer is they did kinda mess it up. The magic is just not there. As an MMO it's not entirely terrible, but I'm not going to pay $60 just for not-terrible. I'd rather just play Skyrim.

Majah
Posted: Mar 19 2014, 11:06 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9145

I think that's what I've decided too. I'd like to play it but I'd really rather not pay monthly for it.

--------------------
user posted image

Bantaro
Posted: Mar 31 2014, 09:41 AM

Advanced Member

Hmmm does that mean my argonian should be named 'Runs-in-Circles'?

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
12 replies since Feb 26 2014, 03:21 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Bone Pile