Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Write in candidate, political nonsense
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Zigra
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 01:41 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 642

I'm reasonably sure that neither chucklehead on the major tickets will do 1/4 of what they promise. Cynical I know. And why would anyone be cynical about spending 100 million on a job for 400k a year? Enough of that. Now for something completely not serious. Who would you write in and why?

Zigra goes first: Terry Fator: Because the only time a politician lies is when you see his lips move, and Terry is a really good ventriloquist.

--------------------
The no-longer expanding hive mind of Zigra, Oxo, Qil, Vil, Nooq, Huttu, Ezzo, Zhunk, Gymbo, Tinhorn, and Ubodu. Memories and lessons learned.

Zularim
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 01:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 275

Call me gullible, but Ron Paul.

I don't agree with most of what he says, but holy hell is he consistent.

I'd prefer a guy I disagree with that's consistent over some guy that it seems that I agree with that isn't any day of the week.

--------------------
President of the Hotara Fan Club.

Albers
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 02:27 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Moderators
Member No.: 79

Cthulhu, because why choose the lesser of two evils?

--------------------
The Armani Troll

Tarka
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 02:39 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21

Me.... Everyone needs a little more Tarka in their lives.

--------------------
A pessimist is nothing more than a optimist with experience.

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Sahn'jin
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 02:53 PM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Albers @ Nov 5 2012, 02:27 PM)
Cthulhu, because why choose the lesser of two evils?

I was going to say Ron Paul, but Ish convinced me to go full tilt evil... Cthulhu all the way!

Seriously though, I'm lucky that I don't have to write-in my preferred candidate. And no, I'm not voting for Romney or Obama. I'm choosing to vote FOR someone, not AGAINST the "other guy". Gary Johnson for the block.

Granted, this is only because I'm not old enough to run until 2016. Speaking of, my campaign kicks-off Wednesday, Nov 7th, 2012! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Bantaro
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 08:49 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 174

Batman

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Hotara
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 09:17 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 590

What the hell people. What the hell.

Maybe it's bad to talk about politics but I don't know how you can even joke that Obama is anywhere near as bad as Romney is.

--------------------
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Zularim
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 09:49 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 275

But this thread is specifically about write ins?

--------------------
President of the Hotara Fan Club.

Hotara
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 10:46 PM

Advanced Member

Which is fine if it were just left at write ins. People are bringing politics into it though by mentioning that Obama is anywhere near as bad as Romney.

--------------------
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Albers
Posted: Nov 5 2012, 11:05 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 79

Way to take a joke thread and get all serious, Hotara.

No one has said Obama is anywhere near as bad as Romney in this thread. Zig said he doesn't think either candidate will do a 1/4 of what they say. I said a funny quote I got from somewhere else on the internet and Bantaro said Batman. Oh and Sahn said something about voting for a third party. No one at any point said Obama is as bad as Romney.

Whatever, you have proven that mentioning politics, even as a joke, is just a terrible idea.

--------------------
The Armani Troll

Hotara
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 12:59 AM

Advanced Member

Yes Ish, I find the very idea of Romney being in charge of any country of power, much less the one I live in, to be an offensive and all around not funny thing. It's all good to have a thread about write in candidates but this is a thread about write in candidates because both are bad. If it had just ended with the funny and not mentioned either candidates it would have been fine. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about Obama but any argument, idea, or notion that remotely supports Romney is something I can't help but take seriously and be against.

Since I'm now being nit-picky though, I'm going to also argue against the "choice of two lesser evils." Very few people like how politics work, that's reality. Either deal/put up with it, or actually go out and do something to change it. As is, sometimes, often times, you have to make a crappy choice between two things you may not like. If you think you are doing something morally righteous or somehow doing something out of principle by either abstaining to vote or otherwise throwing your vote away... well, to put this as least offensively as possible, you're wrong.

"Do you want to get punched in the face or punched in the arm?"
"I don't like either choices. I'm going to let you/everyone else decide."

This post has been edited by Hotara on Nov 6 2012, 01:05 AM

--------------------

Sahn'jin
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 06:46 AM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Since the humor was killed, so is the thread.

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
11 replies since Nov 5 2012, 01:41 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Bone Pile