Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
FTL, Faster Than Light
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Sokra
Posted: Sep 15 2012, 09:07 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Moderators
Member No.: 121

This game is amazing. Buy it. This is not optional.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680

--------------------
'Whenever people say "We mustn't be sentimental," you can take it they are about to do something cruel. And if they add "We must be realistic," they mean they are going to make money out of it.'

Sokra
Posted: Sep 18 2012, 01:03 PM

Advanced Member

I must not have made myself clear, because this thread should be filled by now with people expressing their amazement at how wonderful FTL is, sharing their stories of glorious triumph and soul crushing defeat, discussing the merits of the different ships and layouts, and flag-waving for their favorite species.

--------------------
'Whenever people say "We mustn't be sentimental," you can take it they are about to do something cruel. And if they add "We must be realistic," they mean they are going to make money out of it.'

Sahn'jin
Posted: Sep 18 2012, 01:19 PM

Dark Elder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I beat the tutorial... no time to play since that.

--------------------
Hi, my name is Sahnjin, and I'm an achievement whore.

Sokra
Posted: Sep 18 2012, 01:26 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sahn'jin @ Sep 18 2012, 11:19 AM)
I beat the tutorial... no time to play since that.

I think of you every time a randomly generated crew member named Bryan dies a horrible death.

--------------------

Sokra
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 12:52 PM

Advanced Member

FTL has quickly become my 10th most played game of all time on Steam and will probably continue climbing the list rapidly.

I have unlocked 10 of the 18 ships(assuming every ship type has exactly 2 layouts) but have only successfully beaten the game with 3 of them so there is still a lot more for me to do. I've really liked playing the Engi and Zoltan ships, but I've been the most successful with Federation Cruisers, having beaten the game with both layouts. After trying a few times and discovering I am no damn good at all with Rock ships I've decided that I'm probably going to take a stab at completing a game with a Slug Cruiser, and I have a decent early game save I started this morning that I can't wait to get home and play. Wait, I just had an idea I want to try with the Rock Cruiser so if I fail with my Slugs I might give it another try after all...

So much to do!

This post has been edited by Warg on Sep 20 2012, 02:43 PM

--------------------

Abotu
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 07:04 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 9631

I was hoping this thread would be about NASA experimenting with warp drive...

Sokra
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 07:21 PM

Advanced Member

Well, at least you were hoping for one item on the very, very, very short list of things I might care about more than FTL in the near future.

--------------------

Bantaro
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 10:44 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 174

At one point in time, Fruit of the Loom underwear company decided they needed a COOLER LOGO and so they started manufacturing their underwear with FTL on the label.

One morning, I was stunned to realize I had Faster Than Light underpants!

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?
- Pinky & the Brain ... and Larry (1997)

Sokra
Posted: Sep 21 2012, 12:04 AM

Advanced Member

I think I hate you.

--------------------

Bantaro
Posted: Sep 21 2012, 09:45 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Warg @ Sep 20 2012, 11:04 PM)
I think I hate you.

All I can tell you is the internet paid me back when I googled images for 'vintage fruit of the loom logo'.

Also, this does look like a pretty cool game. The fact that it's kept Warg focused for as long as it has should tell you guys something.

--------------------
user posted image
I think so, Larry, and um, Brain, but how can we get seven dwarves to shave their legs?

Sokra
Posted: Sep 21 2012, 12:25 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bantaro @ Sep 21 2012, 07:45 AM)
All I can tell you is the internet paid me back when I googled images for 'vintage fruit of the loom logo'.

laugh.gif

I unlocked the second layout for the Slug Cruiser last night. It doesn't have sensors or a medbay. That's the only ship I've found so far that doesn't have a medbay, I wasn't expecting that. In other news, I'm still really bad with the type A Rock Cruiser, but I think I'm getting better.

--------------------

Sokra
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 09:49 AM

Advanced Member

Just because I went ahead and started playing the new pokemoncraft yesterday doesn't mean you guys are off the hook for playing FTL. There's going to be a quiz.

--------------------

Zigra
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 09:56 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Blackmoon Tribe Members
Member No.: 642

QUOTE (Bantaro @ Sep 20 2012, 10:44 PM)
At one point in time, Fruit of the Loom underwear company decided they needed a COOLER LOGO and so they started manufacturing their underwear with FTL on the label.

One morning, I was stunned to realize I had Faster Than Light underpants!

user posted image

*checks his own label*

Zigra,
and his much slower shorts

--------------------
The no-longer expanding hive mind of Zigra, Oxo, Qil, Vil, Nooq, Huttu, Ezzo, Zhunk, Gymbo, Tinhorn, and Ubodu. Memories and lessons learned.

Sokra
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 12:18 PM

Advanced Member

I'm trying to give you guys the gift of one of the best games ever made, and you're giving me Bantaro's underwear in exchange. Do you see the problem with this transaction?

--------------------

Bantaro
Posted: Oct 3 2012, 10:02 AM

Advanced Member

In the interests of returning the thread back to it's original topic:

Article on FTL Music

Please note, this is music for the game FTL, not actual Faster Than Light music.

But here's an interesting tidbit - NASA's next big mission is going to build a base at EML2 (which is Earth Moon Lagrange Point 2).

A LaGrange point is a place where the gravity of two object cancels each other out and an object put there will remain there (until acted upon by something else).

Here's a picture:

user posted image

Talk in the 70s was that the best place to build an O'neal Cylinder was on one of the Earth Moon Lagrange points, probably L2.

Now, given that L2 is on the far side of the moon, we'll probably need some kind of emergency system, hopefully on the moon. I say hopefully because I believe we need to go back there.

--------------------
user posted image

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
22 replies since Sep 15 2012, 09:07 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Bone Pile